Saturday, February 26, 2011

Photo Challege - Day 5

Day 05 - A picture of a favorite memory


I have many many favorite memories that have occurred in the past 31 ( almost 32 ) years of my life. the title of Day 5 Photo Challenge was My favorite memory and I changed it to say "a" favorite memory because I was having a hard time narrowing it down to one memory.

The picture above is a picture of the Ammons' family at my Dad's suprise birthday party 2 years ago.  My Dad is a huge clemson fan! Any given day you will probably see him wearing either a clemson hat or a clemson shirt. For his 70th birthday my brother arranged us a space overlooking the clemson baseball field. That particular day was special . Not only was it my Dad's birthday, and we were celebrating at Clemson University, but the Tigers were playing my Dad's alma mater, UNC Wilmington.  My Dad knew about the party but the suprise was that he was going to get to throw out the first pitch! It was so very cool! While my Dad was opening gifts he came to a box that had a replica jersey ( compliments of my very talented mother) and his acutal baseball glove that he used in college. When he opened this gift he wasn't too sure what to say or do. Then my brother , told him that he needed to warm up his glove ( and his arm) because he would be throwing the first pitch! The smile on his face was PRICELESS!   

It was also really awesome to get our extended family ALL back together. Since our Nannie passed away 3 years ago its been difficult getting us all together at one time. Most all of us , have moved away from our hometown and have started families in different locations. We don't see each other often but we still are a close family and I love everyone in our family to pieces.

1 comment:

amjackson said...

Did your dad play baseball for Clemson? My grandfather did too! And he was the most special man in my life. I'll always be a Clemson Fan at heart b/c of him! What a special memory!