Sunday, February 06, 2011

Don't Blink

Before Cole was born and shortly after his arrival just about everyone I talked to told me to enjoy every minute with him because time will go by so fast. It was one of those comments that I ( at the time) thought was one of those comments that people "just say". However my opinion of this comment has completely changed over the past 17 months. Today as I was getting Cole ready for his nap i decided to switch up his  music that we play while he is napping. We have a few CD's that we have accquired over the last 17 months that have sleepy songs ( in hopes that he will sleep all night). Not sure if it has helped or not but we have done it since he was born and he is just used to it.  Anyway, I picked up one and put it in the CD player and as the music started I immediately realized that it was the one we played when we he was a newborn.  As I sat and rocked him to sleep for his nap all of the newborn and early months of his life memories started flooding back to me. The days of only bottle feedings every 2-3 hours, the days of learning how to hold his head up, the days he started cooing , the days he started learning how to sit up, learning how to crawl, the many sleepless nights, the days of overwhelming feelings such as how was I going to make it through the day due to pure exaustion. These are all memories now( well maybe not the exaustion part :) ) . Memories that mean so much to me and memories that I will hold dear in my heart for years and years to come!  It is hard to believe our baby boy is 17 months old.  It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming him into the world.  I feel so blessed to have him in my life. Now, I find myself telling new and expecting moms, how important it is to cherish every moment ,the good ones and the tough ones.  The words "Don't Blink" have a new meaning to me because now i realize just how important these words are.

No comments: