Thursday, April 30, 2009

ITS A BOY!




Today was the day we have been waiting for, for a few weeks.... Our Ultrasound appointment. Needless to say, this morning and last night was filled with many emotions. I was excited to find out what we were having but very anxious and nervous..... I prayed to God last night and this morning to give me Peace and to allow me to enjoy this experience. As I was sitting waiting in the waiting room, I looked around at all of the other pregnant ladies and they didn't look the least bit afraid or anxious... I wanted to feel that too.... but I couldn't. I kept replaying in my mind the dreaded day of December 28, 2007 when we had to go into the ultrasound room and see our lifeless baby laying there with no movement at all. But I kept praying silently for peace and as soon as the nurse called me back to the back, I felt it... I felt the peace. It was amazing. After the normal urine test and weight ( which was MUCH more than I expected) , blood pressure and Heartrate check we waited patiently outside of the ultrasound room for the technician to call us back. Once in the room , my heart started racing again, but I felt calm. As soon as she put the scanner on my belly I saw my precious gift from God moving around all over the place. It was so awesome. Immediately it was no denying he was a BOY. Mike automatically said, "well, i think we know what it is" :) We feel so blessed to be having another boy. I have to admit, before I had Carter I always wanted to have a little girl first, but after losing our son , I selfishly wanted to have a little boy first. Truely I did not matter to me what I was having, but I am so excited it is a little boy and a very active boy at that! :) We are going to be changing the nursery around , ( painting, new furnature, new bedding) so we have to get started soon! September is just around the corner! Thank you all for all of your prayers during our pregnancy! I really appreciate each and every one of them. I truely feel blessed to carry another one of God's children.

2 comments:

Rhetta said...

Ashleigh! This is so wonderful. I have been praying for you and your family and this pregnacy will be blessed! Take care of yourself and congratulations. Can't wait to hear the name of this special little guy!

Kathy Henson said...

How wonderful. He is truly a blessing! :) Congratulations.
~Kathy